Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Only for the Brave : 2

Remember that seemingly innocent thing your parents forced you to do as a kid that scared you witless and scarred you for life?

Mine was sitting on Ernie's shoulders after Sesame Street on Ice. They thought it would be cute. From an adult perspective it makes sense. BUT not to a kid. On the Sesame Street show, Ernie was the same size as four year old me. On the Sesame Street on Ice, Ernie was the same size as Big Foot. His big face was dead and expressionless. I can still see my parents happily surrendering me over while I pleaded for my life....

If you've got kids, it's time to share the love with trauma. Next time you throw them a party rent this guy:BUFFO the Clown Bozo with the intensity of Hulk Hogan. He serves no other purpose than to traumatize children. In a strange way it's kind of brilliant. He'll be remembered by an entire generation of adults who will ponder why their parents thought a clown on steroids performing weird feats of strength would be funny to an eight year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot about Bosco the child rapist clown.